- We will explore one of the geological Colombian wonders; wonderful formations and “moonscapes” with amazing colors.
- Spectacular sights from the “Snake Canyon”, “Xilopal Valley” and “The Holes” with its “ghosts”, also the Martian “Cuzco” and the Natural Pool.
- Duration of the trip: 3 days and 2 nights
- Trekking time: 2 and 4 hours daily
- Distance: 3 to 8 kms each day
- Ecosystem: Desert, very dry tropical forest
- Climate: Warm and dry
- Elevation above sea level: 500 meters above sea level (m.a.s.l)
We will explore, doing short walks between 2 to 3 hours, the Tatacoa Desert; one of the geological wonders of Colombia – a must to see place, where we will find formations and “moonscapes” with amazing colors. We will trek across the “Snake Canyon” and the “Xilopal Valley” (fossilized tree trunks). In addition, we will explore “The Holes” with their “ghosts” and also “El Cuzco” with its red Martian-like landscape. During this day we will also take a swim in a natural pool in the middle of the desert. Lastly, we will watch through powerful telescopes, under a professional astronomer’s direction, the astonishing Milky Way; our sister planets and nebulas deep in the depths of the galaxy.