- Flamingo Bird Sanctuary.
- Wayuu tribe settlements.
- Uribia – the indigenous capital of Colombia.
- Macuira National Park (an oasis in the desert and a globally unique ecosystem).
- “Punta Gallinas” the extreme north of continental Colombia and South America at the Caribbean Sea.
- Cabo de la Vela.
- Manaure’s Salt Mine.
- Duration of the trip: 6 days and 5 nights.
- Trekking time: 2 hours daily over the beaches, the desert, dunes and the foothills of “Serrania de La Macuira”.
- Distance: 1-6 kms per day
- Ecosystem: desert, elfin cloudy evergreen forest, tropical dry forest, mountain forests, xerophytes savannah, dry steppe.
- Climate: warm and humid with an average temperature varying from 27 to 30°C.
- Elevation: 0-900 meters above sea level
- Location: La Guajira department, the northernmost region of Colombia
An unforgettable journey to the farthest limit of our country. We will visit emblematic places such as “El Cabo de la Vela”, “Punta Gallinas”, Manaure’s Salt Mine, Uribia city, The Macuira National Park and the Flamingos Sanctuary.
We will travel in comfortable 4×4 vehicles with air conditioning, accompanied by expert guides from the region and we will have the opportunity to stay at Wayuu settlements and be in direct contact with this fascinating culture.