- Explore one of the most beautiful snow caped ranges in Colombia
- Impressive views of Lagunillas Valley, “Pulpito del Diablo” rocky formation, and “Pan de Azucar”and “Campanillas” peaks.
- Duration of the trip:
- 4 days and 3 nights (We depart from Bogotá on the first day at 8:00pm)
- 6 days and 5 nights (We depart from Bogotá on the first day at 8:00pm)
- Trekking time: 2 to 8 hours daily.
- Distance: 2-15 kms each day.
- Ecosystem: rain forest, paramount and glaciar.
- Climate: cold.
- Elevation: 2.750 – 4.900 – 5.350 meters above sea level (m.a.s.l).
For decades the Sierra Nevada of Cocuy, Guican y Chita has been visited by mountaineers and climbers, both foreign and national. For those who enjoy climbing rocks, ice, and snow, or those who enjoy hiking or camping, the Sierra Nevada of Cocuy is a true paradise. Its majestic mountains, highlands, and forests represent different altitudes which offer the delights of the most daring adventures.
This mountain ridge is made up of a series of snow-capped peaks that are unique in the eastern mountain chain. The group represents the largest snow mass which still exists in Colombia. In the zone of perpetual snows in the park, elevations are from 4,700 to 5,330 m.a.s.l.
The Sierra Nevada is ordinarily reached from Guican and El Cocuy. These are connected by a navigable road, 43 kilometers in length, which passes through Alto de la Cuva, from which three main access roads are available: Valle de Lagunillas (to the south), Hacienda La Esperanza and Cabañas Kanwara (to the north).